Coughing fits can start anytime and anywhere, and when you simply can’t stop it, you know you have a coughing fit and the only thing you can think of is “how to stop coughing fits”? It can happen in the theatre or cinema, during the date you have been so long waiting for, at an important meeting, when you are to make a speech, etc. It can happen in a public place or at home, in the daytime or at night, you never know when you start feeling this tickle in your throat and can’t stop coughing for several minutes, feeling you are short of air and can’t breathe. To understand how to stop coughing fits effectively we must, first of all, learn what can cause it.
What Can Cause a Coughing Fit?
Here is the list of what can cause a coughing fit
- Postnasal Drip
- Different infections
- Acute Sinusitis
- Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease
- Heart disorders
- Lung Cancer
- Different Allergens (pollen, dust, chemicals)
- Cigarette smoke
- Dry air
5 Useful Tips on How to Stop Coughing Fits
2. Another way to help moisture the throat and make the hard phlegm thin is to drink plenty of water during the day. Of course, it is better to hydrate your throat with warm or lukewarm drinks, like water with lemon, herbal tea with honey, etc.
3. Many people, when asked how to stop coughing fits, will answer with a smile and offer you a candy. Actually, sucking a candy really works, it just shouldn’t be too sweet, so you’d better choose peppermint candies or special medicated lozenges.
4. There also exist numerous natural home remedies that can help to stop or even prevent severe coughing fits. They are usually very easy to make and demand such common ingredients as lemon, honey, different herbs and spices. You can choose a recipe to your taste and stop worrying on how to stop coughing fits at home.
5. You can also try a special breathing technique that can help you not only to get rid of annoying cough, but, if done regularly, will make you healthier and stronger.